DEFENSIVE HANDGUN I
So you got your firearms license and bought a handgun. Exactly how comfortable are you with carrying that handgun or employing it in a defensive life or death situation? Our Defensive Handgun I course will give you the fundamental skills you need to deploy your handgun and preserve life. Our instructors will bring your marksmanship skills up a notch while teaching several life preserving skills. You will be taught how to work from a holster, perform magazine changes under simulated stress, engage multiple threats, and engage multiple targets.
The Defensive Handgun courses we offer also provide you with the foundations of a defensive mindset, and feature techniques and methods that are industry standard and currently in use by elite military and law enforcement units. This class moves at the pace of the student attending with extra attention paid to those who need it. We will come at you with a fire hose of information but we guarantee that you will be able to grasp and implement it all. Are you up to the challenge?
- Basic Handgun/Firearms Safety Knowledge
- Serviceable semi-auto handgun or revolver (recommended calibers: minimum of .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP)
- Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines, more if you have them.
- Belt mounted Holster and magazine holders. Please NO shoulder holsters or holsters without any retention devices.
- 350 rounds minimum of weapon specific, factory manufactured ammunition.
Need a gun or holster? We have several firearms that you can borrow for the class ranging from 9mm to 45 ACP at no cost to you! Contact us at email@example.com to inquire! We can even pick up your ammunition!*
- Overview/Review of Basic Firearms Safety
- Marksmanship drills
- Weapons Manipulation
- Loading/Reloading Drills and Techniques
- Situational Awareness Concepts
- Defensive Shooting
- Immediate Action and Remedial Action Drills
- Defensive Mindset Drills
- Considerations for concealed carry.
Check out a great review of this course on northeastshooters.com
*Ammunition subject to market prices.